Friday, December 26, 2008

The Ex List

This will be my last post for today, I promise. I'm at home by myself and kind of bored.

I figured I'd give a little relationship biography. Maybe it will reveal why I am such a coward.

High school

Chris- The big love. We dated for about two years all up (there was a break in between). But I was in love with him for about three years after that and I never told him. We used to be really close but he now dates someone who doesn't like me ( and I'm not too fond of her) so we don't speak much anymore.

Cody- My brother's best friend. We dated for about six months and then he broke up with me. A few months later he announced he was gay. Not good for a girl's self esteem.

Perrin- I met him during my first year of university. We lost our virginity to each other and dated for about a year (?). I broke up with him for a variety of reasons mainly because I was still in love with my ex, his mother was insane and he could be quite manipulative. To say he took the break-up badly is the understatement of the year- he texted like eleven times a day, kept calling and generally making my life a misery. Eventually, after my dad intervened and we didnt speak much for our final year of uni, we got back to some semblance of being friends. We have slept together a few times since breaking up but it's purely physical. I wouldn't date him again.

Andy- We met during my first year at uni and ended up being flatmates for about five months. He is American and ending up having to go back to the US when his mum fell sick in our first year. About three months after he went back, he told me he was in love with me and that he had tried to tell me when we lived together but didn't want to make it weird. We stayed in touch for three years until I went travelling in the USA late last year. I stayed with him over Christmas and he kissed me when he picked me up from the airport and we ended up falling in love. He came to Australia a few months later and then went back home with the intention of selling his house. Long story short, we did long-distance for about ten months and it killed us. We broke up after he got a job in Alaska (house still not sold) but we still keep in touch. I still have feelings for him and think about him a lot. He still thinks we will get married one day but I don't want to wait around for something which is never going to happen. He rang me on Christmas Day and pointed out 'I've been chasing you for the better part of a decade, do you think I'm going to give up now?'' I could move there but it would be hard to get a job in my profession in Alaska. Deep down, I still kind of think he is the One.

I've dated other people in between but only casually. These guys were relationships.
A lot of people say they can see a pattern with their exes but I don't really. They are all very different people. Although admittedly, they have all pursued me except for Chris. Maybe that's why I am still single, I need to get off my ass and mingle.

No comments:

Post a Comment