Friday, December 26, 2008

Internet Dating

I'd love to hear from someone out there who has had success with internet dating.

I'm on RSVP and admittedly I'm not the active on it but I haven't really had much luck.

I wrote a quirky, funny sort of profile and I'm wondering if maybe I should have been a bit more straight-up. I seem to attract contact from people who are either a) come across as desperate and over-eager in their profile or b) write very little at all or speak in SMS-speak which are both turn-offs.

I get a lot of people who exclude me because I live about 50 mins away from a capital city, which seems strange thinking to me. You're not prepared to travel less than an hour for love? Yet a lot of people restrict their searches to their postcode, which to me doesn't make any sense. I mean, wouldn't you have already met most of those people at the supermarket or something?

On the rare occasion ( and I mean three or four times), I meet up in person with someone I have met off RSVP, the witty banter and laughs I have shared with that guy don't really seem to translate to real life. Maybe it's too much pressure for a first date, I don't know.

I don't get the stigma attached to online dating, although admittedly I don't really advertise the fact I'm on there. I mean, how is it any more random than meeting someone at a bar? It's just as much of a meat market.

Has anyone out there in the blogosphere met their current partner online? Do you have any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment